Through the Learning Space
Views of reality through the space before learning
- - The reality for 17,000 residents of Morgan County, like all West Virginians,
is too much disease linked to excessive omega-6 hormone actions. The condition is made worse by foods typically eaten by the residents. They eat too much of the vitamin-like omega-6 relative to omega-3 nutrients.
- - Preventing an imbalance of food-derived hormones can
prevent health-related problems that cause huge financial losses every year.
A local Morgan County Wellness Project helps people prevent those losses.
To develop community awareness of better food choices, there is an"Omega-3 Pizza Contest
" to encourage recipes that use ideas like those in "Morgan County Menus" and "The Ultimate Omega-3 Diet" to help people balance omega-3 and omega-6 hormone precursors in their body and implement tasty, healthy changes in daily family life. Learn about the "Sardine Club". We want to improve each person's balance of omega-3 and omega-6 hormone precursors to have more 3 than 6.
- - Learn more about balancing vitamin-like omega-3 and omega-6 nutrients
in food with handouts and the "Morgan County Menus" booklet (get your copy at the Morgan County Library or the WVU Extension Office).
- - Learn the contents of omega-3 and omega-6 in foods and their Omega 3-6 Balance Scores so that you can choose selected foods that lower the proportions of omega-6 in the hormone precursors and lower the incidence and the severity of many currently abundant disorders.
- - Such information can help county residents design entries for special awards in this year's Very Short Video Contest at the Morgan County Fair. These brief "infomercial" videos show how young and old are learning about the effects of omega-3 and omega-6 nutrients and hormones.
See other views of reality published by Bill Lands